It’s peanut butter, banana, time; peanut butter, banana, time!
Alright, so I might have got the song wrong, but I didn’t get the cake wrong!
Billy gets a lot of credit for this cake. I asked him, peanut butter in the banana cake, or just peanut butter on the banana cake. He said in; and then I decided in and on, cuz can there ever be too much peanut butter? I think not!
So if Peanut Butter & Banana Cake with Peanut Butter & Honey Frosting is what happens when Billy and I put our heads together, what other craziness goes on in our minds? Ya really don’t wanna know; it’s better to stay out of our heads. Just be comforted by this practically perfect meeting of our minds that created all this peanut butter perfection!
The cake is light and moist from the peanut butter and bananas; and frosting is not overly sweet, so you can eat a big ol’ piece!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
|Grease and flour a 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking dish.|
|Add 2 1/4 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a medium bowl. Give it a whisk to combine the dry ingredients.|
|In a large bowl cream together the 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar; using a hand held mixer.|
|Mix in the mashed a cup of mashed bananas.|
|Then add the 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla, mix well.|
|Pour the batter into the prepared pan.|
|Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes; until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.|
|Allow the cake to cool completely.|
|To make the Peanut Butter and Honey Frosting; cream 2 Tablespoons butter, 1/3 cup peanut butter and 6 Tablespoons honey together.|
|A hand held mixer is easier to use, but I feel like I'm burning off calories when I use a whisk.|
|Beat in 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 1 Tablespoon of milk, until smooth.|
|Dump all of the frosting on to the completely cooled cake. An off set spatula works best to spread the frosting.|
|Spread the frosting evenly over the cake, all the way to the edges...|
|Then take a big ol' bite!|
PEANUT BUTTER & BANANA CAKE with PEANUT BUTTER & HONEY FROSTING
Makes a 9 x 13 x 2 inch cake
FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER & BANANA CAKE
Butter and flour for greasing the pan
2 ¼ cup All-purpose flour
½ tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Baking soda
½ tsp. Salt
½ cup Butter, softened at room temperature
½ cup Creamy peanut butter
1 ½ cups Sugar
1 cup Mashed ripe bananas, about 3 bananas
¾ cup Buttermilk
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
Peanut Butter & Honey Frosting (recipe follows)
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set the dry ingredients to the side.
4. In a large bowl cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. A hand held mixer is good for this.
5. Mix in the mashed bananas.
6. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
7. Add all of the dry ingredients and the buttermilk at once. Mix just until combined.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Allow the cake to cool completely then frost with the Peanut Butter & Honey Frosting.
*Note, if you do not have buttermilk, combine ¾ cup of milk with 1 ½ teaspoons of white vinegar and allow it to sit for about 5 minutes.
FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER & HONEY FROSTING
2 Tbsp. Butter, softened at room temperature
1/3 cup Creamy peanut butter
6 Tbsp. Honey
1 ½ cups Powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. Milk
1. In a medium bowl cream together the butter, peanut butter, and the honey, with a hand held mixer.
2. Add the powdered sugar and milk. Mix until well combined.
*Note, because of the honey, the frosting will not be fluffy; it’s more like a thick glaze.
I shared this recipe at: