Cover that with the plums…
Spread the other half of the batter over the plums and streusel.
Spread the remaining streusel topping over the batter.
Makes 1- 8 inch, cake
For the Streusel Topping
½ cup Bisquick baking mix
¼ cup Quick oats
2/3 cup Brown sugar
1 tsp Ground cinnamon
¼ tsp Ground nutmeg
1/3 cup Cold butter
2 Tbsp Pecans or walnuts, chopped
For the Plum Cake
2 cups Bisquick baking mix
3 Tbsp Granulated sugar
2/3 cup Milk
½ tsp Vanilla extract
2 cups Fresh plums, diced large
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease an 8 x 8 x 2 inch square pan.
- Prepare the streusel topping in a medium bowl; mix together the ½ Bisquick, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cut the cold butter into that mixture, using a pastry blender (cutter), two knives, or your hands. Blend until the mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in the nuts, and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the 2 cups of Bisquick and the granulated sugar.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; and add into that well the milk, egg and vanilla. Mix until smooth. A few small lumps are okay.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the greased pan.
- Top with the diced plums.
- Top the plums with half of the streusel topping.
- Pour the rest of the cake batter over that.
- Sprinkle the remaining streusel on the top.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes.