Now I’m hooked on Rice Krispie Treats! There are oodles of flavor combos to try. I was inspired by the Mounds candy bar for this recipe.
1 Tbls Butter, softened, for greasing the pan
¼ cup Butter
1, 10 oz bag Marshmallows (I use miniatures because they’re easier to work with)
4 ½ cups Cocoa Krispies
1 cup Sliced, blanched almonds
1 ½ cups Shredded, sweetened coconut
1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Grease a 13x 9 inch pan with 1 tbsp of softened butter.
2. Melt the butter either, in the top of a double boiler, or in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
3. When the butter has melted add the marshmallows and stir. If using the microwave, return to the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after 45 seconds.
4. In the mean time add the Cocoa Krispies, almonds and coconut to a large bowl. Don’t add the chocolate chips yet.
5. Add the melted marshmallow to the bowl of Cocoa Krispies, mix really well.
6. When the marshmallows and cereal are mixed well, add the chocolate chips, mix quickly, if mixed too much the chocolate chips will melt in, and it’s really better if there are little chocolaty surprises.
7. Press the mixture into the greased pan, and allow to cool. I usually only make it about 15 minutes, but 30 or more is better.