This delectable dish was created with Dads in mind.
I couldn’t wait to put my preposterous plan into action. Last night I made the filling so that it could get firm, and not run out all over the pan when the French toast cooks. This morning I assembled and cooked the Bacon and Maple Stuffed French Toast. I took a bite and could hardly restrain myself; it was the perfect smoky, salty, tangy, sweet and sour bite! I called Billy in and sat him at the kitchen island. He eyed it at first with suspicion, but then he noticed the bacon, looks good. Then he took a bite and a big grin came on his handsome face as he told me, I’m a lucky man!
All that plotting and scheming, and my plan worked. I got to make a fancy stuffed French toast, and my husband not only accepted it, he loved it!
Bacon and Maple stuffed French Toast
¼ cup Heavy cream
4 slices Challah bread or brioche, sliced to about 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick
2/3 cup Maple syrup
Butter for the pan
1. Chop about 2/3 of the bacon quite fine, and the other 1/3 crumble into about ½” pieces, put the ½ “ crumbled bacon pieces to the side to use for garnish.
6. Place the filled bread pockets into the dish with the egg mixture. Let sit 2 minutes.
7. Heat the skillet or griddle to between medium and medium high heat.
8. After the bread has been soaking 2 minutes turn it over for another 2 minutes or until your pan is hot.
9. Heat your 2/3 cup maple syrup in a small pan, or in the microwave. When the syrup is hot add the blueberries, and turn the heat off.
10. Melt a little butter in your skillet or griddle, gently put the French toast into the pan and cook until golden on both sides.
11. Top the French toast with the syrup and blueberries, and some crumbled bacon.Check out this and lots of other great recipes by visiting: